Fall Soup: Beef Stew
Fall is almost here, that means comfort food is near! Soups are perfect during those cold days, they keep you warm and are very filling. I've never made a beef stew soup or actually tried it, but since i had beef stew in my freezer I said let's give it a try!
My thing with cooking is that I never measure or follow rules.. I usually just measure based on experience and using my taste buds to get something that's amazingly delicious. So for this recipe i'll do my best to give the measurements I used.
1/2 cup of diced onions
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/2 cup of fresh yellow corn
1 cup of kale
2 cups of veggie broth
2 cups of water
1 large spoon of tomato paste
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 table spoons of cream cheese
4 beef stew chunks diced
Salt, paprika, chili powder, garlic and onion powder (depends on how much flavor you like)
Instructions: 1. In a large pot, sauté the onions with olive oil until they are soft.
2. While the onion is cooking, in a pan grill the beef just till its tender and still has some juice in it.
3. Add the beef and tomato paste with the onion and mix well. Mix in the veggie broth one cup at a time while stirring and continue by adding the water.
4. Once everything is mixed add carrots, corn kale and all dry spices.
5. Let boil for about 25 min and add in the cooked quinoa.
6. Whisk in the cream cheese till it dissolves.
7. Mix everything one last time really good, taste to make sure you are happy with the flavor!
Let it boil for another 25 min and simmer on low for another 30 min or till you feel the meat is soft and ready to eat.
This was so YUMMY and so filling!! The flavors were amazing and the meat was juicy. The first spoon was a taste of fall and I seriously can’t wait to make this again. Let me know if you end up trying this and or if you have another way of making this soup. I would love to try it.
Happy cooking lovelies! Xoxo,